WWW.POKERJOKERZ.COM
YOU ARE REQUIRED TO LOG IN TO VIEW THIS FORUM.

WWW.POKERJOKERZ.COM

HomeChatroomFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Codd Brunson Challenge

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Re: Codd Brunson Challenge   Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:11 am

Nice little taste of some blue lights.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Codd Brunson Challenge   Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:15 am

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Codd Brunson Challenge   Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:16 am

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Codd Brunson Challenge   Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:24 am

Pretty good little tournament. I think there were only about 45 ppl who played, the rest were sitting out. Got free chips pretty much until right before the money. There were a few people sitting out the whole tournament, who actually cashed, I never saw that before.

Was pretty happy how I played, especially on the Final Table. I even folded AK, early on in the FT. I'm pretty sure I was ahead, but it wasn't worth the risk. I barely got any decent hands. Never got a big pocket pair. But managed to time my plays right, and wait, til I made it to heads up. I was tied up and leading by a little in heads up for bit. But I lost K8s vs A8o, when we had pretty much even money. I had like 200 something chips after I lost that hand, and was forced all in on the next hand which I lost.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Codd Brunson Challenge   Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:27 am

Paid back a buddy 2 bucks after I won, for a tournament he bought me into earlier. I played a little here and there. Some Super Turbo Matrix SNG's. Played the Ferguson Razz, never gonna do that again. But all in all, a pretty good day.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Codd Brunson Challenge   Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:12 am

Back to top Go down
TopJimmy99
REGULAR
REGULAR

PostSubject: Re: Codd Brunson Challenge   Tue Jan 11, 2011 3:11 am

Wow, since I was gone I've missed out on this. I just read through this entire thread.

Pretty damn good stuff. You kicked the shit out of a lot of tournaments man, and I loved all the updates.

Keep it up
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Codd Brunson Challenge   Wed Jan 12, 2011 5:04 am

Hey thnx Jimmy. I've been up and down and all around, but most importantly never broke.

Lol, did you sit there and read this entire thread from beginning to end in one sitting?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Codd Brunson Challenge   Wed Jan 12, 2011 5:06 am

January 11, 2011
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Codd Brunson Challenge   Wed Jan 12, 2011 5:12 am

Not really a good day. Actually kind of a bad one. I was getting 3 outer-ed on left and right, and just when I thought I couldn't possibly get 3 outer-ed on again, I got 2 outer-ed on. Seriously. AJ vs A3, the flop went J3B then turned a 3. Horrible.

Anyways, the good things that happened today, is I got into a 1K freeroll for next week, and I've pretty much decided to stop playing $1.10 Super Turbo Matrix and move up to $2.25 Turbo Matrix. I feel, there is a lot more skill involved, less variance, and definitely more money to be earned.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Codd Brunson Challenge   Wed Jan 12, 2011 5:17 am

Back to top Go down
TopJimmy99
REGULAR
REGULAR

PostSubject: Re: Codd Brunson Challenge   Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:57 am

CoddBrunson wrote:
Hey thnx Jimmy. I've been up and down and all around, but most importantly never broke.

Lol, did you sit there and read this entire thread from beginning to end in one sitting?

Haha yeah I did. I didn't read straight through it, but over a period of a maybe 15 minutes I kept coming back to it until I finished it. I was just catching up on the threads I've missed since I was gone.

And since you're gonna be in the weekly 1K, I'll try to be around too because I've got at least one weekly ticket layin' around.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Codd Brunson Challenge   Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:14 pm

Nice.

I wasn't talkin about the weekly 1K freeroll on FT. I was talking about the $1K Prahlad Friedman that I was tryin to tell you about at UB.

I still have a FT $1K weekly FR ticket layin around too, havent found a Sunday yet though, that I don't have something better to do. lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Codd Brunson Challenge   Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:14 pm

January 12, 2011
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Codd Brunson Challenge   Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:49 am

Today. Shit. Well, I guess I finished ahead today, so I can't really complain, but today could have been so much better.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Codd Brunson Challenge   Thu Jan 13, 2011 3:04 am

I played in a 13 man $25 freeroll. I started out okay, but when I got to the final table, I got hot. It started with quad 5's, which I played perfectly and got a guy to shove all in into me. He had more chips, so I just got a double up. I started getting more and more good hands and taking people out. I got quad 8's. Got a good amount of chips from them. So two sets of quads on one final table, that's a first for me. I ended up destroying, all the way to 3 people left. In the money. I had about 13K in chips out of 19.5K total.

3rd place went out, and it was heads up. I dominated heads up play for the majority of the time, averaging between 13K and 15K. But the turning point came, when the small stack called my bets all the way down to the river with just king high, twice. I had good draws, or good reason to bet and represent something. After that I couldn't get a hand. He started shoving a lot. I couldn't call. He ended up coming back to even chips. Whenever he was Big Blind, and I raised it up big, he would push all in. I didn't have hands to call that much with.

I got dealt 66. He was in the Big Blind. The BB was 400. I raised it to 1200, he pushed all in. I knew he was going to do this, and I was prepared to call. He had KQs, and of course he caught a Q on the river. We were pretty much even money, and I played like 3 hands after that, before he finished me off.

Basically, I lost 5 dollars in HU play. I was really pissed about it for quite some time. Actually, I'm still pretty damn disappointed in how it all went down (Heads up anyways).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Codd Brunson Challenge   Thu Jan 13, 2011 3:06 am

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Codd Brunson Challenge   Thu Jan 13, 2011 3:09 am

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Codd Brunson Challenge   Thu Jan 13, 2011 3:12 am

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Codd Brunson Challenge   Thu Jan 13, 2011 3:24 am

After that, I played a little here and there. Then I joined the Ferguson. It was HORSE. I also played a Satellite to the BLT at the same time. I won the satellite to the BLT.

In the Ferguson, I started out doing pretty good. It came to Stud Hi and I got back to back flush hands, that sky rocketed me up to 4th out of 484. I maintained in the top 15 for quite awhile. Then slowly slid back, as I was folding a lot, and waiting for good hands to play.

I flopped Quad Tens at one point. My third quads of the day, all in Hold Em. Pretty awesome, that's a first for me. I was doing pretty good, then I got moved to a new table. I got a nice boat in Omaha, and got doubled up to 13k. Then came Razz. Personally, I hate Razz. Not that there's anything wrong with the game; I am just the world's most unlucky Razz player. I basically lost 10k, in 2 horrible Razz hands.

A36 then Q then K then 9 then J. That's a typical Razz hand for me. Whatever, it was really stupid.

I was about 18 from the money, with 3k remaining. I just wanted to limp into the money, and get my money back at this point. It changed to flop limit Stud Hi. I was dealt A6Q, all spades. I thought about folding it. In hind sight, I should have folded everything, til I was in the money. But I decided to play it. I raised it up. Everyone folded, but the guy to my right. He raised it again, I called. Next card for me is J of spades. I have three more cards to go, and I only need one spade. I bet, he raises, I raise, he calls. Next card blank. I bet, he raises, I push all in, he calls. He has trip 6's. Two more cards, no spade. I finished 15 outside the money. I was pretty pissed how that tourney ended. Especially those two Razz hands, that Stud hand, and not making it into the money. I'm still pretty sore about it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Codd Brunson Challenge   Thu Jan 13, 2011 3:28 am

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Codd Brunson Challenge   Thu Jan 13, 2011 3:29 am

Here's flopping Quad Tens in the Fergie:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Codd Brunson Challenge   Thu Jan 13, 2011 3:30 am

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Codd Brunson Challenge   Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:15 am

I ended up staying up all night posting on forums and playing poker. KINGESKELTO taught me how to play Badugi. I lost my first 2 dollar buy in, but went and wrecked house in 2 $1.10 Super Turbo Matrix SNG's and bought back into Badugi for another 2 bucks. I cashed out at 4.10. I finished positive the first day ever playing Badugi, coming back from a 2 dollar deficit.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Codd Brunson Challenge   Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:17 am

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Codd Brunson Challenge   

Back to top Go down

Codd Brunson Challenge
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next